9.07.2008

Sleepy Puppy

There's nothing sweeter than the contented sighs of your puppy as he sleeps next to you nestled into the nooks of your pillows.
-Katie S.

Katie is not talking about me. Rather, she is talking about her real puppy Schultzy. We are not into weird "pet" names for each other like "cupcake", "shnookums" or "poodle". Coming up in November it won't be her puppy anymore. He will be mine... all mine... I don't think the poor dog knows what's in store for him.

Katie and I set up our registry at Bed Bath and Beyond tonight for a couple hours. It was odd thinking about what we would "need" to live as newlyweds. "Flatware" (I guess you can call it that even though I just call it silverware) , cups, and dishes are "necessities". Who knew there were so many different types of measuring cups, spatulas, and cutting boards. I can see how living at home sort of puts me at a disadvantage when it comes to know what is the best brand of whisks.

I did have a great time handling the gun, which from what I hear is every mans favorite part about registering for gifts. Who knew I could get excited about what trashcan I would scan. (We didn't go for the expensive "fingerprint-less" metal trashcans. I never knew modern man had the ability to make a material that, no matter how hard I tried, would not leave a grimy print behind. Further proving that man must have gone to the moon.)

One hard thing though is remembering, we are buying for an apartment, not a seven bedroom colonial town home off the banks of the Mississippi river. Wall space, kitchen counter space, and floor space all play a huge factor.

Overall it was a lot of fun. Katie has been sick so I think she only kinda sorta had a good time. Let's all pray she feels better. Oh, also that I find a sweet job. Umm, and that we get all this wedding stuff figured out too. That's it... for now... yeah

Ryan&Katie

No comments: